Felling is the process of cutting down or removing an unwanted tree. The tree is cut near the base using wedges or a winch to fell it in one complete piece. It may be that the tree needs moving to another location or removed completely. Sometimes a problem tree cannot be fixed by trimming and pruning or any other type of tree surgery and is no longer an asset to your garden. If so, it needs to be removed. Possible reasons for removing a tree:
- The foliage has lost its visual appeal due to disease, destroying its limbs and leaves
- Limbs, branches and leaves are too close to your home blocking much needed sunlight to prevent moisture build up on the walls and roof of your house
- It has sustained structural damage which may cause it to topple over or cause damage from falling branches
- Roots pose a threat to your home’s foundation or to plumbing pipes
- You want to change the landscaping and need the tree removed to accomplish this purpose.
If you have a tree that needs to be removed you may be tempted to fell it yourself or use unqualified contractors. Tree removal is a complex and potentially dangerous job and for tree surgeons costs you certainly don’t have to break the bank. It should only be carried out by qualified tree surgeons because:
- Trees can grow again if the roots aren’t removed
- Tree stumps left behind are eyesores and potentially hazardous
- Our tree surgeons are skilled at climbing and accessing difficult areas
When a tree cannot be saved, is in declining health or is just no longer desirable we offer competitive prices for removal. Our staff are trained and equipped to quickly and safely remove trees of any size.
Our qualified tree climbers can access even the most difficult areas. We utilize only the latest techniques and tree surgery equipment and safety is always our first consideration, and of course we will clear up any debris left behind at no extra cost.
We will carefully remove the tree and the tree stump, once the tree is laying on the ground it is cut into sections for easier removal thus leaving your property ready for whatever you have planned. They will ensure the complete removal of even the largest, most difficult tree with little or no disruption to your property.
Felling can only be done safely if there is adequate space to fell the tree over without causing damage to anything in the surrounding area. If your tree is in a tight or awkward space, or the tree is unstable we can provide a similar service called Tree Dismantling.
We can advise on which service is right for you as well as providing a quote.